The Board of Deacons and Pastor Loewe, have modified the worship schedule.
Dear Members and Friends of Christ the King,
What a whirlwind of uncertainty, consternation, and outright fear we have on our hands in these days! The Wuhan Coronavirus crisis is upon us with great force. Our government leaders are striving to mitigate and treat this disease. Some of the prescriptions are very distasteful for us as a free people in a free nation.
But God is on our side! We needn’t fear because His guiding hand in Christ Jesus and His Word of Life provides us with all that we need to bear this particular cross and that we might remain calm, optimistic, and strong in our faith. The best thing you can do is enter into prayer and ask God to be with you and especially with all those whose work is dangerous and necessary and that our leaders be given wisdom from on high. Your Father in Heaven always hears your prayers and is ready to answer them with what is best according to His will. Fear not!
The Board of Deacons met this evening (3/17/2020) to discuss how best we might continue to offer you Word and Sacrament ministry here at CTK during these days in a safe and sanitary manner. Here is what the Board of Deacons has adopted:
1. We will suspend all church activities including our regular liturgical worship services and all other meetings and events through April 1, 2020. At that time we will review our options for resumption or continued suspension of activities.
2. In order that Word and Sacrament ministry continue among the people of CTK, Pastor Loewe will continue to visit and commune our homebound folks as possible.
3. There are other resources that you may access for spiritual help and prayer during this time. Please check out cph.org for a free Portals of Prayer For Times of Trouble. Also consider, thegospelforyou.org for a wonderful series of Bible Studies by our local LCMS pastors and professors of the LCMS. We are actively seeking a way to "live stream" CTK services and sermons for you to access
4. We will strive to keep you fully informed of what is going on here at CTK. You are part and parcel of the ministry of the Gospel here because you are the Flock of Jesus Christ our King. We will send you information as necessary via email. We are also on Facebook and other social media platforms. Call Pastor Loewe if you have trouble accessing these.
5. Also please remember that the ongoing ministry of CTK and spending for that ministry continues whether or not you are able to be here. Please continue your wonderful generosity and make sure that we always have the funds to do preach and teach the Gospel.
6. Fear not, dear sheep and lambs of CTK! God will surely lead you into pleasant pastures and protect your faith.