The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod celebrates its birthday on April 26. Initial members, which included 12 pastors representing 14 congregations from Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Michigan, New York and Ohio, signed the church body’s constitution on April 26, 1847, at First Saint Paul Lutheran Church in Chicago, Ill.
Originally named The German Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Missouri, Ohio and Other States, the name was shortened to The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod in 1947 on the occasion of our 100th anniversary.
The roots of the LCMS run deep, tracing back to Saxon and other German immigrants establishing a new church body in America, seeking the freedom to practice and follow confessional Lutheranism.
To learn more about The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, read our history page. CLICK HERE
TAGS: Reformation Celebration
"Catechism, Confession, and Communion"
This week we will consider the absolute holiness of God our Father and that holiness grafted onto His people in and through His only Son Jesus Christ.
TAGS: Service Announcements
The 2017 Season begins this Saturday, April 22nd.
Christ the King Lutheran Church has adopted a portion of Sterns Road - from Douglas to Adler Road. Church members volunteer to help clean up the road three times a year in an effort to help keep the roadways in Bedford Township clean and free of debris.
Volunteers are always appreciated! Contact us if you would like to help us clean Sterns Road in Lambertville. CONTACT US
Latest news and updates from CTK.